Make a simple, gnome-sized, yarn hat ornament
Toilet paper tube
1. Cut yarn to 10".
2. Cut 1" off of toilet paper tube.
3. Fold yarn in 1/2 and slide inside tube.
4. Wrap yarn around tube and pull ends through the loop to tie a knot.
5. Continue to tie yarn all the way around tube.
6. Push yarn ends through the center of tube and out the other end.
7. Use another piece of yarn to tie a knot around the ends.
8. Stuff the hat with cotton balls to shape it.
9. Trim the tips of the yarn to form the top of the hat.